Postal Regulatory Commission (PRC) approved the Postal Service’s request for five postal promotions that will take place throughout the 2016 calendar year.
The PRC stated the unused rate authority supported the cost of the promotions.
The 2016 postal promotions offer mailers a 2% upfront discount on qualifying mailpieces, with the exception of the Earned Value Reply Mail Promotion that offers mailers either a $0.02 or $0.03 rebate credit on qualifying reply mailpieces.
Registration for the first set of promotions is scheduled to open on January 15, 2016 with a program start date of March 1, 2016.
Approved postal promotions include:
- Emerging and Advanced Technology/Video in Print Promotion -March – August 2016
- Tactile, Sensory, and Interactive Mailpiece Engagement Promotion – March – August 2016
- Earned Value Reply Mail Promotion – April – June 2016
- Mobile Shopping Promotion – July – December 2016
- Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion – July – December 2016
Further information regarding the requirements will be posted to RIBBS.
Read the full PRC order: http://www.prc.gov/docs/93/93959/Order%20No.%202861.pdf